Saturday, January 14, 2012

Be Aggressive


We often find ourselves standing at the crossroads of life, having to decide which road to take. What lies ahead may seem scary to most, especially when money and livelihood is on the line.  We could easily find ourselves in a moment of weakness. A moment where where we could easily give into temptation and the desire to go back to the road more easily understood and traveled.  I found myself at these very crossroads just a couple of weeks ago.  I had to decide if I was going to reenter the workforce or take the opportunity to further my education and pursue a bachelors of science. I feel that this is the best route for me, and now there is no looking back. Just as the crew of the space shuttle cannot turn back once the shuttle launches. They are going into space whether they like it or not, and they cannot change their minds. At this point in a person’s life, they have to be as courageous and aggressive as possible.
At one point in my life, I thought it was advisable to be passive and always give people their way. After all, I was taught in grade school to play nice and always respect everyone else. Unfortunately, it has taken most of my life, up until now, to deprogram myself from this mindset.  It has been just recently that I have realized that being aggressive and decisive is the real key to happiness and success in life. When you burn with desire for what you want, and you have a good strategic plan for how to obtain it, the sky is the limit. My recent decision to attend college and begin my online marketing career definitely falls under this jurisdiction.  I realized today that I have always been most aggressive in pursuing knowledge and the truth. This is my strength. This is my purpose. I know that I can use this to get myself where I want to go and to choose the road that I need to travel down, whether it is a comfortable road or not. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Pinpoint your strengths and realize the skill or ability that you most aggressively pursue and then you will have the recipe for a prosperous and effective life.

No comments:

Post a Comment